




Well my body is still in little Rhody time zone. I am up very early catching up on some of the posts(still way behind) while I wait for the Hotel to start serving breakfast. Had a semi-Korean buffet that actually served Spam(haven't seen that for years). Mr. von Boode had suggested taking a walk through Myongdong(sp?) an interesting area of shops. As I walk through the narrow streets of this area my Blackberry begins receiving email for some strange reason? I am able to send out a few quick replys before it stops working again. I had hoped it would work over here, but I guess not. Thank God the Quest calling card works(thanks Hollie for providing the toll free numbers), just not sure what the rate is.
Attended 9AM mass at Myongdong Cathedral, celebrated by an Irish priest, no less! Beautiful building.
Back to the hotel to check out and meet Mr. von Boode. We spent the afternoon at the Korean Museum Of History. I saw displays from The Three Kingdom's era(37BC-AD668, but don't quote me on that). It was a great afternoon. Norbert is fun to be with and has incredible knowledge of Korean History. I can't thank him enough for making my short stay in Seoul so enjoyable.
There were many children at the museum and I was amused at their curiosity of my different looks. I stick out like a sore thumb, but the Korean people are friendly and helpful.
I board the 17:00 train to Daejeon. Man, this train really cooks! I am greeted at the station by John Willoughby. He held a sign, but I am sure he was able to pick me out from distance being one of the few Americans among a sea of Koreans. I enjoy another Korean meal with John, his wife Heather, and Ken, another member of TCIS faculty. They get me settled in my apartment. Get to bed by 9PM. Still searching for the time zone. It is now 3AM, Monday, and here I am blogging. I will be picked up at 7:30AM and am scheduled to visit GSIS in Suwon City about 1-2 hours from here. Well I think I am caught up for now, and need to try and rest for a few hours.
There is so much more I could share, but as most of you know writing and typing isn't my strong suit. End Day 2.
Annyong.
No comments:
Post a Comment