Friday, March 6, 2009

Philippines Day 6 (2/27)


Up early this morning had time to walk the entire length of the beach.



Jonah's from the beach. Remember the fruitshakes?




Island shrine near end of beach.




This is Yapak School where we visited for a cultural exchange and some friendly games. Korean candy(a universal language) helped break the ice.




Our group entering the school compound.





This was their auditorium\cafeteria, I believe. Comment heard from one Korean student; "I am going to kiss my desk when I get back to school".











Once the ice gets broken, fun begins.






Home we passed by on our way into our last feeding site visit. The entire group went to this site unlike previous visits. On previous visits we spilt into two or three groups to hit multiple sites.











Amar dressed in mellow yellow.












Jerry also came with us. Demonstrating his origami skills to the children.






I think Virginia would have taken this child back to Korea.





Jimer, our singer and guitar player. Dan gave him his guitar as a birthday gift. He turned 30 today.













Jerry, my bodyguard on day 1











No comments: