Let me give some background as to how this trip came about.
In October of 2006, St George’s School launched a new strategic plan. This plan had initiatives in seven interrelated strategic areas, one of them being Global Engagement. Through the Global Engagement initiative the school began offering international exchanges of which the TCIS exchange is one. Having never been outside the US or Canada I was a little intimidated at the thought of traveling halfway around the world, but through encouragement from a number of people, especially my wife, I worked up the courage to submit an application for the exchange and received support of the committee in October 2008. So basically that’s how this geek got to go global.
My trip will involve a one week stay at TCIS, where I will observe the use of technology as well as general operations of a school half way around the globe. After spending a week at the school I will join a group of faculty and students from TCIS on a LASA(Love All Serve All) mission which will take me to the Philippines.
It’s hard to believe that in just two weeks, I will be in Seoul, South Korea. I have gotten my passport and have learned some of the details of the LASA mission. I have been frantically trying to learn some basic Korean so that I will at least be able to communicate a little while in South Korea. It appears that I will experience a contrast in weather on my two-week journey. I anticipate my stay in Seoul to be wintery the same as in Little Rhody, whereas the Philippines, I understand will be hot.
My hope is to be able to keep a running journal of my travels with pictures so that I can share my experiences with my family and friends in the US.
Well that’s it for now, I am both anxious and excited about the start of my journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Dad- I'm so excited to read about your upcoming adventure!! Good luck and safe travels.
Love,
Jen
Have a safe journey. Enjoy this global experiemce. Love and prayers.
Always
Catherine
GOOD LUCK!! CATHERINE
Bring all good underwear. Remember mom always said wear good underwear in case you get in an accident.
Hey check out that time difference are we there yet?
P.S.
I always brought good underwear and never had to use it. Reverse thinking always works.
Your in Korea now!! Enjoy being a tourist, not just the beer.
Love, Catherine
Post a Comment